2nd surgery, trying to taper off of norco
I had my second fusion neck surgery 8 weeks ago and trying to taper off of the norco I am taking, I do not want my body to become dependent on it, does anyone have any suggestions?  I am taking 10mg norco every 8 hours.
talk with whoever is prescribing it to you. i think it also comes in 5 mg. strength tablets. If it does, i think switching to those every 8 hours, and then just stopping them, you should be okay-meaning no withdrawals. When the low dose opiates are taken as prescribed, it is much easier to get off of them. This has been my experience anyway.
Thank you for you respons, my dr actually thought I was doing great on what I'm taking, I tried to go longer in between doses but don't think I'm ready, I got a little worried after reading posts about people being addicted, I will just relax and take it slow:) I'm taking 5mg every 5 hours for now and half of a soma each time
I think your confusing addiction with dependance. Your body may physically crave and need the drug, but your mind might not necessarily agree! Take it as prescribed and you will be okay. I was on percocet for a month and a half many moons ago. I took it as prescribed, every 4-6 hours I think it was (I was hospitalized, nurses gave it to me like clockwork). When I was discharged, I suffered no withdrawal symptoms at all. Take care,
                           shinty
Hello, it would take a long time on that dose to become physicaly addited their is a diffrence between phisicaly and emotionaly dependant I have been on 100+ mg morphine for years I hate it but too many issues require it as I said their is a diffrence you will be fine good luck