3 Weeks Post Op ACDF - New Symptoms?
I am 33 years old and 3 weeks ago I had ACDF on c5-6 due to a herniated disc that was on the spinal cord. It caused significant right arm muscle weakness. After surgery, I had a great 3 weeks with little pain after week one and the weakness has improved. I still have numbness in the right hand index and middle finger. I did some housework 2 days ago and now I am having tingling/needles in my right and left hand! I don't have significant pain with this, a little in my right arm, but nothing worth taking a pain pill.  I didn't even have tingling when I first herniated the disc, has anyone else developed new symptoms after the surgery?
That's pretty good progress after only 3 weeks, I was still in horrible pain at that point. The tingling for me wasn't new and my Surgeon did say that it might not completely go away. For me the numbness  in those two fingers never did go away and I had my 1st ACDF in 2005. But that doesn't mean yours won't. What did your Doctor say about the new symptoms?
I haven't contacted the surgeon yet, it just started two days ago, so I will give him a call on Monday. I also have numbness in my first two fingers, which he said may not go away. It is frustrating to have surgery and go through with all of this not to feel 100%!
I'd settle for 75 - 80%