4 and 5 bulging discs
I've been reading a lot about this. I am early in it's stages, I've only had the pain for about 6 months. I am only 45 years old, and it is complicated by having plantar fasciitis, which has a spur but not pointed in the decoration for surgery just yet. Yes I am over weight also, so does this complicate the back problem? If I were to lose the weight would the problem lesson or will it just increase as I am reading? I have an appointment with a neurosurgeon set up by the VA hospital. (I am a veteran, but during peace time) I would like to know the right questions to ask him/her. I've heard some horrible stories about surgery and wanted to know what the alternatives are.

Thank you!
From the information given I would say that you has suffered what is sometimes called a fat pad inflammation behind ankle which could lead to plantar fasciitis pain and have been present before the back pain. The overweight and back pain (L4,L5.S1) could aggravate and bring about more symptoms from this pre-existing problem.So treatment of ankle area is first choice for you.I would agree that physical therapy, intensive acupuncture can be helpful.Good luck!