4 level lumbar fusion???
First time on this forum!  My ortho Dr says it's time to do a fusion on my lumbar.!  I have endured several years of PT, pain management and injections to only have things progress.  I had a CT myelogram that had the following findings:

*L2-3 progression of disc height loss and end plate osteophytosis anf hypertrophic changes of the facets. Increase in scoliosis.  severe spinal stenosis and severe bilateral neural foraminal narrowing, worse since prior exam.

*L3-4 3 mm disc bulge. Facet hypertrophy. moderate central spinal canal stenosis and mod to severe bilateral neural foraminal narrowing.

*L4-5 facet hypertrophy. 3 mm disc bulge. mild central canal spinal canal stenosis and moderate bilateral neural forminal narrowing.

*L5-S1 intervertebral disc height loss and facet hypertrophy. Severe bilateral neural foraminal narrowing.  Overall severe bilateral neural foraminal narrowing.

HELP!!  Is is time to quit fighting and give into a four level fusion?  Could I still have any mobility with such a procedure?  Any input would be appreciated :)
Hello there, I really feel for you. It sounds like you should give in to surgery.  I myself have just had a Lumber 4 titanium cage, rods and screws fitted. My lumber spine showed signs of worsening scoliosis and a fracture since my last xray, the surgeon explained that the longer i leave it the chances of sever damage are increased, my spine above the problem would weaken and was unstable.  since the operation my back is good but i do have really bad nerve pain down my right leg, at the moment i don't know if this is going to rectify itself. one of things you must do is check out your surgeon and make sure he is well known for his expertise in spine surgery.  good luck Debbie
Not telling u  NOT to get surgery but I had the fusing done on L4,L5, and S1 and my pain is a lot worse then before surgery. Now I cant walk around a store with out a cart. can not make my bed or clean ECT>. I am in Chronic pain daily and I have not had one uninterrupted night of sleep since surgery. If I could turn back time I would choose not to have it done. Now I have met many people with the same problem. I am starting to wonder if it's all about the money. I have not met one person that this surgery helped.  Now I can not work at all and was denied for SSD and SSI 3 times.It can change your whole life so think hard. I'm about to loose my house, sold everything I own to hang on because I can no longer work.
Have you tried chiropractic care? What kind of pain are you experiencing? Id always get 2nd and 3rd opinions before deciding on something major like this. I wish u the best, take care