6 lumbar vertebrae and complications
I sustained a compression fracture of my T12 and sprain of my SI joint when I was 19 (now 37) and have had on and off pain ever since. The last three years has been progressively worse. Went in for xrays and MRI and was told that I have 6 lumbar vertebrae and that it was not T12 but L6 that was fractured. Also was told that there was some "deformity" in the SI and soem arthritic changes. still waiting for the MRI but was wondering if this is normal or if it could be related to the L6? also how common is this? Was told that a new procedure involving injecting a "cement" was being used to help fractures. Would this be something that would help an old injury?
Some people have 4 instead of 5 and some have 6, I don't know how common it is, but it happens. L5 is usually where something goes wrong, and with people with 6 its L6, that's  normal. You've lost me with the T12 part. T12 is nowhere near L6, how could they be so far off on your diagnosis? Injecting fractures with cement isn't new, and there have been some problems with it however, they might have that all worked out now, I really don't know. If I was you, I'd spend sometime researching it.

Take Care
T12 isnt next to L6? Not what the letter shows that I received from the doctor.
I should have asked you this last time I posted. When they found out you had fracture, when you were 19, what did the Doctor tell you? You must not have been having any symptoms from it, for them not to do anything. They had to have known it was going to give problems sooner or later.

Well, the MRI should clarify your problems and then they can figure out how to help you. T12 is the last thoracic, then it goes L1, L2 and so on. I notice your from Lacrosse, I'm from WI too.

Take Care
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-Pfyw-8Hg5sU/UHE6mJ8uw7I/AAAAAAAAFhY/JJTOvcCGDfM/s641/L.S.%2520Spine%25201.jpg

Is it ok to call this Lumbar Vertebrae Dislocation? & Is there any other way to get rid of this apart from a surgery. Patient is my mother & she is 74..