A brake between T8 and T9 Vertebrae
If someone was to injure the place between T8 and T9 on their vetebrae would there be a chance that they could still walk again?
Even a small chance?
It depends on the amount of damage to the spinal cord. Initially there can be enough swelling in the area to cause temporary paralysis. Unfortunately, you won't know much for the first week. It also depends on the quality of care that is provided; bad care can produce bad results.
Hi, even though it's been a while since you posted this, i thought i might aswell add my 2 cents,

In sept of 09 i was in a motorcycle accident which resulted in 3 fractured vertebrae and T8 & T9 being broken pretty much in half, cue a month in hospital, didn't get out of bed for 21 days. Never lost any feeling in my legs, was still able to move them.

As you can tell i'm not too sure on the exact details of the breaks, i was told i was very lucky quite alot.

Link to my xray if you're interested,

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z167/darthnutcase/Brokenback.jpg