Back & Neck Community
About dextroscoliosis and levoscoliosis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

About dextroscoliosis and levoscoliosis

Hi sir and madam,my x-ray results is i have mild dextroscoliosis of T6 to T9 vertebra with a cobb's angle of 7 degrees which was corrected on right lateral bending and there is likewise levoscoliosis of T9 to L1 with a cobb's angle of 7 degrees which was overcorrected on left lateral bending,is this currable?I will wait for your answer.Many thanks...
  • MRI results (1 replies):
    My MRI results said Mild dextroscoliosis. Paracentral an...[more]
Dextro and Levo just indicate the direction. Dextro means right and Levo means left. The Apex is like the tip of the curve, or tip of a triangle if that helps you. So a Dextroscoliosis (right handed pointing curve) with a compensatory Levoscoliosis (left handed pointing curve) is just how your body responded to the primary (dextro) scoliosis so your body would be fairly level. Given that you have had that many surgeries your pain would have started decades ago. You didn't feel pain per say but the cause was there and it just took a long time for the problem to get bad enough for it to hurt you, kinda like a toothache.

The growth is most likely a osteophyte. It is where your bones grow together to try to stabilize a joint that is either hyper or hypo mobile, to much motion or to little motion.