Back & Neck Community
Ankylosing Spondylitis surgery???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Ankylosing Spondylitis surgery???

ok so i have Ankylosing Spondylitis and my hubby is in med school, he just learned of a procedure (surgery) that puts like a fake cartialge between the spinal bones. and that prevents the bones from fusing together. now i have never heard of it and it sounds scary, like do they cut my whole back open or just little incisions? its supposed to take 2 months to recover and 6 months to be fully back to normal. if anyone has heard of this or had it done please i need more info i'm not sure what the procedure is called or even where to begin to look for it. any help is appreciated thanks
There are 3 ways to tackle AS first is the most effective but expensive its using Biologics ie. Remicade, Embrel or Humira they work and you will get your life back. If you can't get insurance to pay for it, then someone mention cut out starches and sugars, it helps a lot but won't stop disease like biologics will.
being told my spondylitis is not bad enough for the new operation that helps my condition ,can  you tell me how much severe pain I have to go through to get the operation.