Any exercise to help "numbness" on fingers?
Does anyone get releif for their finger/hand numbness caused by herniated disc in neck? my pain is not too bad now, but the finger numbness is very annoying. It makes me very anxious. I wonder if any of you have get any improvement with some exercise.
In your last post you didn't mention numbness or neurological symptoms in your extremities. Mechanical and neurological symptoms can be a aggravating problem. Some dr. want neurological symptoms before surgery is required. Mechanical or what I call movement pain is not always surgical. Neurological symptoms should be address soon before the nerve damage is permanent. Relieving neurological symptoms does not mean there will be no more mechanical problems. Mechanical problems are harder to relieve. I have had 8 spine surgeries and have had both neurological and mechanical problems and the neurological symptoms were always relieved to some degree but the mechanical problems still existed. It is my belief that mechanical problem can turn neurological in time, then surgery might be needed. There is no exercise for numbness other than traction in therapist office, it can help temporarily and if it does maybe surgery is needed to relieve the numbness. Exercise or therapy can help mechanical problems. In my opinion you need to be under the care of a good sports medicine dr. who can mange both of your problems mechanical and neurological symptoms. The they can determine if surgery is needed. Also neurological symptoms can be relived when the mechanical problems are addressed and vice / verse. Please find a good spine dr. in your area that can address all your needs.

good luck