Anyone have 8 vertebrae back fusion with TLSO back brace
I have to have a back fusion with rods of T10,11,12 and L 1,2,3,4 and 5 (maybe more depending on xrays and mri that was just done) then have to wear the TLSO back brace. I have had a laminectomy in 2000 and also a neck fusion in 2000. Right now my C5 is also messed up, I know that as my arms are sore from shoulders to my elbows. Was wondering any pointers anyone has regading the surgery, how bad it is, what are your limitations, can you get into a bathtub again, can you bend, how was walking, did you have your own bone graft, did you have a walker and for how long, cane after?, how is the pain now, did it help you at all, how long before your can do stairs or drive or do housework etc. I am a 60 year old stay at home gramma who usually drives and picks up grandchild at noon after school but won't be able for some time I think. I have 18 stairs to my bdrm so will have to set up a bed in my playroom but wonder how long I have to stay down here. Did you do any physical therapy afterwards or not, how is the brace-I am afraid it will be very uncomfortable and sweaty and hard to wear, sit with it? Any help appreciated. Thanks, Linda
Hi there!

The prognosis post surgery would depend on the severity of the primary condition, the number and the level of fusion. While prognosis with regards to pain and other symptoms is usually good, one may experience movement issues, post the surgery. I would suggest discussing the situation and the prognosis in detail with your treating doctor.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!