Arm pain while sleeping
I had L5 microdiscectomy surgery 11 days ago. The sciatic leg pain is gone yet I'm left with a numb foot. I was told that will slowly go away as the nerves heal. My problem is arm pain (both) that feels nerve related. I thought I was having reoccurrence of thoracic outlet syndrome which I had in 2005, but now I'm thinking it's related to nerve impingement in my neck since it's both arms and mostly goes away when I'm not in bed. I ended up sleeping in my recliner last night due to the constant ache in both arm.  I called my surgeon's office and his nurse said it's not related to my surgery or medications.  What treatment options do I have short of pain meds or sleeping pills?
First of all, you have to find out what's causing it. Have you had a C-spine MRI? You know, when you go to Therapy for your back, you should mention this to the Therapist. Some neck stretches and exercises might be all you need.

Take Care