Back & Neck Community
Autoimmune? Sports Athelete Mystery diagnosis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Hey,
This is my third posting within a 4th month range. Well.. my name is krysten im 15 and Im an all year around scholor athelete. In early summer of 2007 I was attending lacrosse camp. I went into the woods to get a lax ball. When I came out I didnt notice anything on my arms, legs, shirt, pants ect. About 2-3 days later I started to develope a rash which has a deep black hole in it. After that happened I slowly began to deteriorate. I'v been have symtoms (symptoms) like shortness of breath when I exercise, walk and go up stairs, swelling of the ancles, head aches, back pain, fatigue, horrible sleeping problems, confussion, chest pain, nigh sweats, nausea, twitches, diahrea and many more. About 7 months ago I was diagnosis with Fibromyalgia, which multi-skeletal problem. My rhumetologist told me I needed more sleep. I'v been getting adequet sleep for about 2 months now, and nothing has changed, its slowly getting worse. I also have Restless leg syndrome and im a bit anemic.Also, I went to a cardiologist and I got an electrocardio gram and a stress test. He said everything was normal. Right now im currently on an ADHD medication called vyvanse and I started that in october and Im also on zoloft which I started in august of 2007. Till this day I feel that my symtoms (symptoms) are worrsening everyday, I feel very week, sick and simple activitys cause shortness of breath. None of the doctors I'v been to know whats wrong. But were still looking at celiac, lupus, lyme and maybe lymphoma. Its just so hard for me to live like this, I cant exercise or do anything anymore. Please help! I feel that Im deterating slowly day by day.

Thank you for reading this.

- Krysten
Have you been tested for Lyme Disease? Get tested as soon as possible. It sound's like this! Hope this helps!
i dont think you have fibro. i think it is lyme disease also and there is help for that antibiotics with fibro  your not going to get much relief any where please go back to the dr and tell them to check you for lyme and not just 1 x do it 3 x because it is hard to diagnose good luck