Back & Neck Community
BACK PAIN

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

BACK PAIN

I have had back problems for years. (syatic (sciatic)???) is what I was told. I am a electrician and walk climb lift etc. all day long. I have been taking Alev alot daily it seems to help but know I notice that my right leg from my front pocket area to my knee go knumb for about 10 min. then goes away. After a few hours of working it happens again . Please any suggestions. Thanks
Longterm sciatica pain and still working?? Good job!  Back pain and sciatica usually go hand in hand.  The sciatic nerve is irritated and produces pain going down the leg. The numbness is just an extension of the nerve problem. The root cause can be degenerative disc disease in your low back and/or nerve impingement due to herniated discs.
Have you had an MRI through any of this?  That is really the only way to determine if the nerve roots are involved.
Aleve is a good anti-inflammatory, but relying on it for longterm use is not advised. You need to identify the source and go from there.
Regards ---