Back & Neck Community
Back, groin and thigh pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Back, groin and thigh pain

I have been having low and mid back pain for the last month and a half. I also have right groin pain that radiates to right hip, right thigh, and rarely to right testicle. Now, I am starting to feel that it is radiating into my knee.

I saw my primary care and he thinks it's just muscular and I should just rest. However, I was doing elliptical and running. I did not feel any pain while doing these activities. If I did, I stopped immediately.

I went to a urologist, he did an ultra sound for hernia and a CT scan for Kidney stone. Both came back negative. All my STD tests came back clean. The urine test did not show any infections either.

However, my back pain is getting worse. I went to a chiropractor and he thinks it could be Psoas muscle strain or some disc issues. I just took an X-Ray, so I would find out soon about it.

I get the low and mid back pain alternating. I started taking Neproxen and it seems to be helping. I feel the pain the most when I am sitting at work. The thigh/groin pain more when I am driving.

I am confused on whether to rest it as suggested by my PCP or go see a Physical Therapy. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!