Back & Neck Community
Back Injury, crushed by hydraulic lift
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Back Injury, crushed by hydraulic lift

I have a few bulging discs in my back and a degenerated disc with disc bulge at L5-S1. Something is causing extreme pain when I walk so I have been walking with a limp for 6 months now. My knees are hurting really bad, why would my knees be hurting so bad?
I also have not been able to bend forward or side to side for six months and now the center of my back hurts really badly between my shoulder blades. It hurts even if I put pressure on my spine with my hand. I have been getting really bad migraines 2 or 3 times a week. Do you have an idea why these things would be happening?
Since my injury I have been in severe pain. I have been taking tramadol and baclofen for the pain, but I am still having severe pain and it is really hard to do basic things like sleep, getting in and out of the bed, take showers, change clothes, etc.
I have previously been diagnosed with Bradycardia, a slow heart rate below 60 beats per minute, but since my injury my resting heart rate has been really high. The last time it was checked my resting heart rate was 117 about double the normal rate and my blood pressure keeps fluctuating from really high “147/100” and higher to pretty low “109/79” and below. Could all of these things be related and what would you suggest I do?
1699033_tn?1345482688
Unfortunately whenever we overcompensate such as you are doing by walking "differently" i.e., the limp and the rigidity of your body by not bending, we put pressure on other areas of our body that do not normally see this type of pressure and next thing you know, those areas are now hurting.  Do you have a pain management doctor or are you getting your meds from a GP?  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Back & Neck Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating: What Your Closet ...