Back & Neck Community
Back Pain possibly associated with past car accident

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Hi, I am a 21 year old male that received surgery to repair my broken (well shattered for that matter) right Acetabulum and right Patella in October of 2009 stemming from a head on collision on the highway in Iowa. After surgery I was put on a Warfarin treatment when it was discovered that I had 3 Pulmonary Emoli in my lungs. I was laid up for a good 3 months or so and began to walk again towards the middle of January 2010. I did physical therapy for awhile and decided to give it a go on my own at home. I began work outside in the Summer and was experiencing difficulty breathing and chest pains. My family physician concluded it was associated with anxiety and post traumatic stress from the accident. He started me on a Zoloft treatment and it didn't really lessen the symptoms at all. I sort of pushed him to give me a CT Scan of my chest and it revealed another clot. I was started on Warfarin again and have been on it since July 2010 and will most likely remain on it for life. But, the reason I am posting is that I fear that since I am getting to be almost a year and half out from surgery that the pain in my chest I experience now that is associated with a restricted ribcage produced by a misaligned pelvis and back, is going to get worse and was wondering if there are any procedures to take into account to help correct this painful problem.
Thank you.
Id try seeing a good chiropractor who practices The Pettibon System, greatest blessings to u and I wish u well!!