Back & Neck Community
Back "Seizures"

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Back "Seizures"

Ok so will try to keep a very long story short.

My girlfriend has been in 3 car accidents.  She now has back spasms that look very similar to seizures.  They aren't seizures though, she is perfectly aware of all of her surroundings.  She has had a cat scan and they found nothing wrong with her brain.  Nobody seems to know what this is.  She can't to much physically as it sets off these "seizures" she has been told well you need to get your back stronger.  Only thing is everytime we go to the gyms etc it sets her back again.

Any help would be great
Hi Sir

I too have experienced back spasms.    I have had 4 accident in the last a year and half.  It was  recommended to me to do stretches first and gradually work your way up to going to the gym.  I was recommended to using a therapy ball and sit on the ball with feet planted on the ground and roll back and forth on it to gain balance.  also sit on the roll and roll down on the ball until your doing a bridge with your back on the ball.  try that first and see if is of assistance.  

Avatar n tn
Bump, back to the top for more help