Back Surgery
I have had back surgery on 2/20/07 at which time I had 5 fusions (T11-L3), 2 artificial discs, and rods for scoloisis.  My doctor told me that he felt like it would take 12-18 months to make a big difference.  I have to admit that overall I am feeling much better but there have been quite afew times that my back has felt like it has slipped somewhat (especially when I lay down).  Is this something I need to be concerned about.  I have also recently found out that I have osteoporosis.  
Hi,Back surgery does take quite a while to heal.You said that you recently found out you have osteoporosis.I'm assuming this was based on a Dexa Scan.Did your DR order a Vitamin D level test or start you on Fosamax right away?The reason I ask is that most people with osteoporosis are Vitamin D deficient and Fosamax won't work if it is.I, myself had a VitD2 level of negative 4 and a total level of 9.My Dr put me on 100,000 units of Vitamin D for 6 weeks,then lowered it to 50,000 a week and started the Fosamax.The Fosamax should eventually help strengthen your bones and aid in the healing process of your surgery which was major.High doses of Vitamin D can cause side effects such as muscle pain,constipation etc. Fosamax can cause pains also which could affect your back as you have to stand or sit up for at least a half hour after taking it.The good news is its only once a week!Hope you feel better soon!Starmom