M 29, suffering from back pain for more than 18 months. Its started with pain that radiates from hip down the leg.
From last 2 months I am suffering from Neck pain which radiates to left hand.
Any help on understanding the report would be appreciated.
Also suggestion to cure this or avoid affecting other disc would also be helpful.
Latest Whole spine MRI results are as follows -
Vertebral Bodies -
* Loss of normal cervico-lumbar lordosis noted.
* Minimal levo-scoliosis of cervical spine noted.
* Mild spondylotic changes notes
* Facetal joints: No significant Hypertrophoc changes noted
* CV junction: Normal. No marrow pathology
* Spincal Canal: Anteroposterior spinal canal diameters from L1 to L5 are 17,17,15, 14 and 13 mm respectively
* C5-6: Broad based Left Foraminal Herniation with mild to moderate impression on exiting C6 nerve root
* L4-5: Diffuse disc bulge with mild impression on thecal sac. No focal root compression. No extension neural foramina. Facetal hypertrophy noted.
* L5-S1: Broad based central disc herniation with mild to moderate impression on thecal sac and bilateral traversing S1 nerve root. Disc dehydration noted. Facetal hypertrophy noted.
* Other discs: No significant disc herniations.
Cord: Show normal signal morphology
* SI joints: Joint space normal. Articular and periarticular regions are normal. Pre and Parar vertebral soft tissues appear normal.
> Broad based left foraminal herniation at C5-6 with mild to moderate impression on exiting C6 nerve root
> Broad based central disc herniation at L5-S1 with mild to moderate impression on thecal sac and bilateral traversing S1 nerve root
The MRI describes degenerative changes along the cervical (neck) and umbar (lower back) spine with disc herniations at C5/C6, L4/L5 and L5/S1 and compression of the exiting nerve roots at C5/ C6 and L5/ S1, probably responsible for your symptoms.
Hope this is helpful.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.