Back & Neck Community
Back and leg pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Back and leg pain

I have had lower back pain for the past 10-15 years during the last few years i have had constant pain ache tingling burning sensation in my left leg . I had a nerve study done was told that I  had severe damage to nerves in my left leg and was told by the dr. he was unable to give me copy of test done .He could only give to another physician?
He then  sent me to a vascular surgeon thinking maybe I had a blockage in my leg but that all came up good.  Had ABI done with good findings.  But doc there did note i had a weaker pulse in my left ankle than in the right. Not sure what that means??  
After much frustration I quit going to dr. for a year. Finally going to a new family doc who then sent me for an MRI  I went for an MRI was  wanting help understanding the findings.

Exam: MRI lumbar spine:multiplanar multi sequence MRI of lumbar with out contrast.
Findings:  The height of the vertebral bodies is maintained. No fracture or sublaxation.  The marrow signal of the bones is unremarkable.  The conus terminates at the L1 level.  There is lumbarization of S1.  There is disc desiccation at L4 L5 and L5-S1 with associated mild concentric disc bulging at these levels.  There is also mild bilateral  neural foraminal stenosis at L5-S1.  No focal disc herniation or central canal stenosis. Remaining vertebral levels are  remarkable.

I just saw a neuro surgeon  a few days ago .He  said that   the nerve pain i am having is not treatable it is something i will have to live with he recommended i get set up for epidurals .  He said he saw no bulging or anything wrong on my MRI films. Any help on my next step maybe a orthopedic dr.??