Back and sternum pain
For the past few weeks I have had upper back and sternum pain. It started pretty sudden.  I have always had lower back problems, but not my sternum.  I'm 56 years old and was a smoker for approx. 15 years and have recently quit.  My back will pop if I press my should blades together. My back, neck, sternum, and what I think is right behind my heart is very tender. I have a physical next month, but just curious if anyone else has had these symptoms and what the diagnosis was.  Thank you.
vrb
i had a cabg-for triple vessel disease abt 7 months back. the operation was successful as told by doctors. After 3 months of opn., suddenly  pus started coming from a pin hole which was formed at the sternum area. i have consulted the doctor who did my surgery and he told that this is quite common and advised me to go for ct scan of the chest-plain and contrast. the report revealed that it is a case of osteomyelitis of the sternum with presternal and retrosternal inflammation. doctor told me to do the dressing twice a day by cleaning the pus which was coming. besides that, he gave me some antibiotic tablets based on the pus culture report. even after taking those tablets , there is no change in the situation. we have been doing the normal dressing twice a day by putting a plain gauge pad after cleaning the wound area. its 3 months now the situation is pretty the same. i'm 70 yrs old with normal levels of diabetes. i want to know as to whom i should contact(specialist doctor-branch) for healing.