Back pain/ cortisone & nerve burn
For the past 3 years I have had cortisone shots in my lower back. Now the pain is more often. My pain management doctor suggested nerve burn L1-L5 plus S. She said that she burns the nerves so I will have no pain. I cant sit or stand for very long. This last time the cortisone only lasted 5 months. She told me that the pain after the nerve burning could last 1-6 weeks. Everyone is different. She said she will give me narcos for the pain. I hope it works. I do not want to be independant on the drugs either. My concern is complications. I have been using a Tens unit. I foind out it is onlynfor surface pain.  Now I just bought a EMS unit to go directly to the muscles. I plan to use before I have the burning. Any one has experience the same thing I'm going through?
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your medical problems. Nerve burning/nerve freezing/nerve block procedure do help control pain. However, at times it leaves the person feeling numb in that area or the pain is replaced by a tingling or burning sensation. So, it is difficult to say whether this will work for you or not. Usually pains of this type respond to physiotherapy, yoga, pain relief patches etc. A combination approach works best instead of trying one method. Spinal cord stimulator also helps control pain in some cases while in others it causes symptoms similar to those experienced after nerve burning. So, if there are no other treatment options available after discussion with your pain management doctor, then this may be tried. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.