Back & Neck Community
Back pain and topamax and mood and other issues
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Back pain and topamax and mood and other issues

Where do I start? First ..you can read my profile..then I have so many questions!
I am on my third week of topamax. Don't want to repeat the whole story which you can read in my profile..I am quite new to this. I just start taking 75 of the topamax..2 in the morning and 1 in the eve. I am also taking phentemine. I am on a leave from work because after ever treatment I just could not work. I have decided that I must take this weight off, get the back pain under control and get my life back to the person I was before cymbalta.  I have to say that today I am feeling definitely less back pain. However, I cry at EVERYTHING. Dopey...yes...but that doesn't bother me so much.  I am losing weight and I cannot be more thrilled.  I MUST lose this weight...I have never been this heavy in my life and I am getting married in FEB. I have lost almost 30 and could go for another 20- 30. I swim no with the herniated disks and degenerative back disease. I am very athletic and am getting it back. Questions. I am so worried about the hair loss and have not experienced it yet. Is there anyone who has NOT has this. I need some positives. I am taking 10,000 mcg. of Biotin and have been taking a vitamin regimin before the topamax.  Also...do you have to stay on this med forever.  Also..does the dopeyness and crying/worrying even out. I will be going back to work.  There are so many mixed reviews...some very negative..but the postives are seriously good for me right now.  I have been in a lot of pain and if you read my bio the cymbalta brought with it some serious stuff that I did not even account for happening.