Back & Neck Community
Back pain from an LP

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Back pain from an LP

Two months ago I had an LP.  The doc attempted the procedure twice and failed both times, in fact the second time I had a bad reaction (sweating and nausea).  Two weeks later the back was starting to feel better so I went on a run, after which I starting having back pain at the sight of injection.  I went back to the neurologist a few times to ask about the pain and the answer I was given was... "sometimes it takes a long time to heal".  The pain is less than it was two months ago but I still have pain bending over after standing or working out for long periods of time (hour +).  Once I bend over at stretch the back out a few times I am good to go for awhile longer.  

I am a big runner and have not run since that week as such I would like to get back on the road but am worried the pain will kick in again.  Any ideas?  Any ideas of who to go see for help in the Seattle area?

Cheers!

Ryan
HI, may I ask....y did u have the LP?....just curious.

"selma"