Back & Neck Community
Back pain on R side by behind back bone hard to turn my head to the lef...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Back pain on R side by behind back bone hard to turn my head to the left, also Right arm pain and burning and twitching movements

I must have pulled something in my back? I noticed a month ago there was a strain when looking to the right almost a pulling sensation which prevented me from turning to far. Then one morning 10-12 days ago I noticed the top Right of my arm burned in one area, then pain started feeling like stabbing pains which radiates from my side bicep area to my forearm then with more movement shocks of pain shoot through my hand as if the nerve is effected? My arm and back twitches like the nerve in your eye lid, what causes this? Silly me trying to forget the pain with painting a room in my home Not knowing how this happened other then walking on my treadmill on a high incline if this is possible, the pain worsened and the day after painting my arm had me in tears with shooting pains. I started with hot packs then ice packs and ibuprofen which helped a little yesterday then I decided since I felt better I would work and today I am noticing a little more sharp shooting pains in my Right arm again. My husband has even tried rubbing on my back which make the arm hurt too. This seemed to not be a good idea either. Any suggestions on how to get my arm better sooner, I understand it could take some time but 12 days I am tired of the pain, Please the pain is now just annoying. My arm also burns especially if I rub over the area. Please advise on what your feelings are on what this could be and how to help it, I love working out and haven't been able to lately.
perhaps you should go and see doc to check your neck,It seem trapped nerve in neck,of cource,It is a common misconception that arm pain stems always  from the pressure of a slipped disc or a trapped nerve. most of condition, cause of pain is inflammation stimulating nerves, causing the pain signal.so don't tooo worry,just call your doc.
Good luck!

I went to a Sports Medicine Dr. he stated it is my C5 giving me problems. The reason he says he knows this is my problem is, when I look down or hold my head back or side to side my right arm burns and hurts. Dr. said this is bad. He put me on a stretching machine, being the only Dr. that has this he stated it is really good for disk problems.  Me not being a Dr. I do not understand why the day after this machine which was last Sat. May 31st it hurt me to look to the right down the middle of my back. I went in again yesterday June 02 2008 and let Dr. know about this, he stated that was the least of my worries he is worried about my arm pain stating it is really bad. He also stated I may not want to know what is next, MRI then possibly surgery, I let Dr know this is NOT an option. Dr did adjust my neck then my back yesterday, when he adjusted my back he laid me on my side and had me cross my arms. Prior to this he put me on the table for about 10-12 minutes with heat and Electrical pads which stimulate my muscles/nerves. I was set on 19 which was fine for me. Again, he adjusted me then put me on the stretching table again. Today June 03 2008, my arm is still hurting, any suggestions?
Sofee