Back pain with numbness
I have been having a lot of low back pain which radiates down my legs, more to the left. I also have numbness and tingling in back, from buttocks down the legs to feet. I sometimes stumble and fall due to numbness in my feet. Here is a copy of my most recent MRI report. Could you please help me understand it better?
disc dessication at L4-L5 small right sided protrusion at this level associated with small subligamentous tear.  disc protrusion results in mild right sided foraminal stenosis.
L5-S1 is left sided bulging annulus. Bulging annulus at this level comes in contact with the exiting left L5 nerve root in the distal spinal foramen.
IMPRESSION: 1.) Small right sided disc protrusion L4-L5 resulting in right foraminal stenosis but no definite impingement.  2.) Left sided broad bulging annulus at L5-S1 which comes intact with the exiting left L5 nerve root.
Well,  I had a similar MRI and I am not a doctor but from my research and asking others the same questions:

The L4-L5 is a herniated disc that is pushing out the right side.  This is narrowing your spinal cord and could be causing alot of your symptoms.  Like the numbness and pain in the buttocks.

The L5-S1 is the same thing only to the left with nerve root compression that would explain the numbness and pain in your left leg.  

Have you seen an Orthopedic doctor?  I would suggest you really look into physical therapy and decompression therapy.  Ask for a TENSE unit they are wonderful.  Try everything before surgery.  I have had a discectomy on my L5-S1 and have had the same pain/symptoms ever since the surgery.  Still have herniated disc per MRI.  So I basically went through the surgery for no reason in my mind.  I also had a C6/C7 discectomy fusion with hardware and cadaver bone.  That was a nightmare and still is.

Hope this helps.

:)
I would suggest visiting a neuro.  The numbness and back pain could be signs of other things.  I would be asking for an MRI of my brain and cervical spine.
Thanks for the info....Will be going for follow up with neurologist soon..