Back & Neck Community
Back pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Back pain

I had surgery in september of 2011 I had laminectomy and discectomy. Now I have worse pain and more problems with the numbness in my leg. Has a nerve conduction study that shows small abnormalities but I have alot of scar tissue doctor said moderate amount has any one had the same problems? It has been 1 year today and have not had a full night sleep in over a year, nothing in my life is normal.
I am really sorry to hear you are having this problem.  I had a similar surgery and it took over 6 months for the pain in my leg to slowly resolve.  Has yours gotten any better, i.e. it was down to the heel, now it is to the knee?
I had pain after the surgery and pain down my leg, after 2 months I complained and the doc said it would heal one mm a day.  Again so sorry you are having problems
No it got worse, a few weeks after surgery i thought it was getting better and then the pain came again, but only worse. After my block my leg got 90% worse and then i did another one and no pain is constiant and cannot sleep through the night.