Back & Neck Community
Back pains?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Back pains?

On Saturday, August 21, I had moved from my apartment back to my mothers house. I moved a Television, some boxes, and a bunch of other heavy things. I didn't pay attention to my proper lifting techniques and think I maybe pulled a muscle in my back, but my anxiety is making me think otherwise.

Basically, I woke up Sunday and all was fine, maybe slight back discomfort but nothing serious.
Monday, I wake up and have back pain in my upper middle back, especially when I breath in deep.
I have anxiety issues and since my back hurts it causes me to think it's something else, but I'm trying to rationalize myself out of it.
Basically, when I'm up and about, it'll subside a bit, but when I lay down flat and relax it comes back.
It's bearable, but it's awkward to breath, especially to breath deep.
This has caused me shortness of breath because I think something's wrong with me, but I am hoping not.
So please, if this is a symptom of a pulled back muscle or something of the sort, let me know. Thanks.
It's most likely muscular. Being that it hurts when you're at rest and when you breathe in, it sounds like a muscle spasm. Have you tried heat on it? That usually helps my muscle spams. Don't freak yourself out. If it becomes unbearable or stays around for longer than a few weeks than you should see a doctor. But right now I'd just take it easy and try to heal the muscle.
Thanks for your reply. It's been getting more bearable now and I think it's slowly getting better.  It still hurts to breath in but not nearly as much, and my anxiety is becoming a bit better as well so I'm not as worried about it.
My back pain is 100% gone, it has been for a while, just haven't gotten around to postin here.