Back & Neck Community
Back spasms
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Back spasms

Hi

I was involved in a car crash in May 06. A 10 tonne truck side swiped me whilst overtaking. I turned quickly to the llft to see what happened.

I was OK but later on that eveing my back was hurting, by night i was in agony. Like someone was sticking a red hot poker into the base of my spine. I got checked out and was told i had spinal whiplash.

To this day though i am still in pain. Sometimes i can be feeling quite normal and then my left leg will go into painful spasm and give way. The spasm emanates from my spinal base, it feels like sciatica but I'm unsure.

I was started on to co-codamol which where about as useful as a chocolate teapot, the co-dydramol which just sent me to sleep and now im on Zydol 50mg (Tramadol) which arnt much better.

The pain can be unbearable and I've often not been able to get out of bed, im keep myself pretty active but would just like to know if this is sciatica or something more serious. I can tolerate high doses of pain so i konw im in real pain if i cant cope!!
Tags: spasms, Back