Back & Neck Community
Blackout nausea headache

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Blackout nausea headache

I am 26 years old and have never had a problem with blood pressure nor anything along those lines. Yesterday, I just about blacked out completely (almost threw up, became weak especially in my legs to the point where I could not hold myself up) and my husband grabbed me right before I fell as I was able to explain to him everything I was experiencing as it was happening and as everything was becoming darker. It lasted about 5 min and took a little longer to regain strength and for the nauseousness to go away. Throughout the rest of the day, I didn't feel 100% myself and ended up with a light frontal heading, but persisted into and throbbing heading taking over the right side of my head and I unable to sleep it off and very nauseous. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include low blood pressure, low blood sugar, dehydration, stress, hormonal/ endocrine abnormalities etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!