Back & Neck Community
Bruised back/ ribs?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Bruised back/ ribs?

hi i got shoved into a pole whilst celebrating at football on saturday and have hurt the bottom of my ribs quite bad. the first feeling was just the winded feeling but has continued to be painful since. i am able to breathe right the way in and out fine but the bottom of my ribs on the front and back are hurting bad. i am one of those people though that if they are thinking about it, the pain is worse. the pain is when i make a sudden movement or sit down/ up quickly. there definatly doesnt feel like anything is broken, just feels like an area which is highly bruised.i can press my fingers all over the ribs without any obvious pain so my thoughts is that it is bruised inside the rib cage or around/ on it. i am taking regular pain killers at the moment, but havent been to the docs yet as i simply have had no time. do you think this case i should just let them rest and continue to take the painkillers? i know that if i go to the docs/ hospital the can do nothing for this type of injury, and i have no football etc activities coming up so they will not be in major use just everyday stuff such as college. any help would be greatly appreciated. my email adress is ***@**** if you have a reply thanks.