Back & Neck Community
Burning sensation in the back of my neck

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

About two or three weeks ago I started getting a burning pain on the right back of my neck.  At first I just figured I was on the computer too long.  but it is getting worse.  I tried putting a lotion for pain and the burning sensation got much worse.  I had to was the lotion off with cold water.  I do get a little releif when I lay on a heating pad.  Does anyone out there have had this experience and how do they fix it.  

I was going to the chriopractor but he was rough in snaping my neck that I stopped about a month ago.  Is it possible that there is a connection?

Thank you
all of the published studies to date about chriopractic neck manipulation, agree that the risk is extremely low. Overall, a ratio of one to two cases per million neck adjustments represents a conservative and generally recognized estimate.

So,don't too worry. you should go to see orthopaedic doctor if pain constant.
Take care!
I just got the same pain today i dont know what it is from but it is now tingling.  I swear i didnt scratch the back of my neck today.  I am a Colorguard for minnesota's 728 cadets marching band and we had a parade today.  We had do hairspray our hair and puff it up but right when i got home from the event i thouroghly washed my hair.  I dont know what it is or how to get rid of it!