BACK & NECK
COMMUNITY
Butt Bone pain
by janedoe1969, Jul 08, 2011
HI.  I have had pain at the very tip of my butt bone for about a month now.  I cannot pin point anything I have done except for sitting in a metal chair for an hour one day and an hour the next day.  This was at the end of May.  I remember my tail bone hurting the next few days, then it went away.  One week later, it came back and hasn't left.  I have taken Aleve twice a day for 3 weeks, iced the area, tried not sitting on it when I can, etc.  It is not going away.  It is not unbearable at all, just more of an annoyance.  I keep thinking I'm going to call the doctor, but can't bring myself to do it just yet.  I don't know if I'm embarrassed, or I just keep thinking it will go away.   Anyone had anything similar to this?  Thank you.
Member Comments (6)
by selmaS, Jul 09, 2011

Hi...do tell ur Dr...it is nothing to be embarrassed about and can cause debilitating pain.Some people's conus, tail bone extends longer then most and can cause pain from sitting on a hard chair...or a fall....

There may be more going on then just a brusied tailbone....so do talk to ur dr.

Post an update : )

I also have tail bone pain so I do understand

"selma"
by rtjrevie, Jul 10, 2011
I too have tailbone/buttbone pain ecspecailly when I sit for long periods or driving. I have had different things done trying to pinpoint where the pain is coming from but it continues. I do have a L5/S1 disc bulge, have tried epidurals and SI injections, even had a hysterectomy (for other reasons too) thinking that may be causing some of the pain?? Now I am seeing a new doctor who thinks it may be related to my facet joints. The pain I have is very annoying, it aches and burns and have it all the time.  I feel it in my tailbone but also feel it in my "butt bones" (the bones you sit on, bottom of each buttcheck bilaterally...ischial tuberosities) I am not sure what is causing it, but please see your doctor and keep us updated. I have had the pain for a few years, continued to let it go, then it got bad and now I am having to deal with it until they can figure it out.  Good luck
by rtjrevie, Jul 19, 2011
bump
by janedoe1969, Jul 21, 2011
Hi there!  Thanks for your comments.  I FINALLY had an x-ray done yesterday.   I called to get the results today, and the nurse said it looks 'negative', and the doctor will call later if she wants to do more.  The doctor had stated yesterday that she has had 2 other patients come in recently complaining of tail bone pain.  Both of their xrays were also negative, so she sent them in for a partial colonoscopy.  They BOTH had internal hemmorroids!!!   Oh geeeeze.  I'm not sure if they had other symptoms other than pain, but I do not.  The doctor asked me if I had spotting/bleeding or pain while going to the bathroom.  I said 'no' to both.   We both laughed at the fact that I was hoping for a cracked tailbone or something of that sort so I wouldn't have to go in for the colonoscopy.   Well..............not real sure if she wants me to do that or not.   I feel like I might as well, since that is what the other 2 patients ended up having.    Just thought I'd let you know what was going on with me and what I've found out so far.   Take care!
by GLINAC, Jul 21, 2011
I had the same problem 8 years ago, I had been confirmed to have the HLAB27 gene, this is related to arthritis, doctors were pondering whether I have ankylosing spondilitis??? This went on and on for years, heaps of different meds!!! Now for the last 4 months i take 10 mils of fish oil and a vitamin D pill a day and i feel a little better.
by rtjrevie, Jul 22, 2011
Hey thanks for the info., interesting! I had a colonoscopy done a year ago, it is not bad at all. The worst part is drinking the prep. Keep us posted as to what they find and good luck to you!!