C3/C4 & C5/C6 Disc Herniation with Radioculpy
I am looking forward to meeting People with like injuries! I am a 38year old RPn from Sask Canada and in 2007 I was in a Rear ended Car accident which left me with bulging discs at c3/c4 and c5/c6 locations with radioculpy, Early Cord Compression has been noted! The symptoms still persist and infact have gotten worse with time. These being the numbness and tingling in the left arm and hand which is now in both arms. I have recovered from the concussion symptoms of slurred and backwards speech and the migraine headaches but these nerve damage symptoms are ongoing and seem to get worse with time and activity. I am most concerned since they will not do surgery and therefore am coping to the best of my ability! My question is this what is future prognosis for this type of injury as I am a bit in denial still and am trying to come to accept my limitations as far as this permanent disability goes!
Thank you and Blessings Everyone!
Tina
May I ask why surgery is not an option?  Have you tried all the various conservative treatments such as PT, traction, injections or Radio frequency Ablation? How bad is the cord compression? Do you have a lot of pain? What exactly are your limitations?

As far as a prognosis, its really difficult to say without knowing what treatments you tried, what your pain levels are and what medications you've taken.  I've read of cases of bulging discs receding,so I guess its possible, I would think that limiting your activities for a period of time would be helpful as well. Unfortunately pain management is usually where a lot of people end up after failed surgeries and treatments.

Take Care
I have a similar problem. I was born with a defect in my cervical spine which is fused at C4,5 and it is compressing the spinal cord. I have a few symptoms but am not sure where it's coming from. There are options although Canada's system probably doesn't cover them. I researched a few operations but was warned by many people that an operation is the last resort. Some people get full relief and others get worse.
I was told that many people have my condition and never know it.