Back & Neck Community
C4,C5,C6 fusion surgery - successful?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

C4,C5,C6 fusion surgery - successful?

I'm scheduled for C4,C5,C6 discectomy-fusion surgery next month.  I've had severe neck pain that has not been relieved by PT, cortisone shots, etc.  I have numbness in fingers and arm, but no pain in arm.  I've seen both an orthopedic surgeon and a neurosurgeon.  Neither can 'guarantee' that pain in neck will diminish.  I'm looking to chat with anyone who has had this kind of surgery - successful?, recovery time?, post-surgery difficulties.
Related Discussions
175688_tn?1297560247
Hi there. I just recently had a procedure called Anterior Decompression with fusion and plating at the C4/C5 level in my neck. I am having a lot of complications from the surgery. I am still having severe pain in my neck. All of the pain that was in my fingers and arm is gone, but the pain that is in my neck is still terrible. I am not happy at all with the surgery. I was hoping to come out of the surgery feeling great. I was told that my pain would pretty much diminish when the surgery was over and once I recovered. But I am almost 2 months out of surgery and still have not completely recovered. I don't know if this helped you or not.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Back & Neck Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...