Back & Neck Community
C5-6 and C6-7

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

C5-6 and C6-7

Hi, my question is based on the following: I started with what I thought to be arthritus in my index and pointer fingers on my right hand. Sometimes they would be so painful that I couldn't sleep. I tried the over the counter pain relievers for arthritus with no success. I also noticed that I had a slightly stiff neck when turning to the right with pain in the neck and down the shoulder into my right arm. I went to a Neurologist and had an MRI taken of my neck and spine. The results showed a narrowing of the spinal cord (Spinal Stenosis) and C5-6 and C6-7 slightly bulging into the sinal column. I have had a nerve block, and cortisone shots. I have attempted physical therapy and all it did was bring on more pain. I am scheduled to see another Neurologist tomorrow for another opinion. Has anyone had this experience? Thanks
Tags: question
I have a tupe of spinal narrowing - and have found a chiropractor and neck stretching exercise that helps my spinal cord stay more open the most helpful. Pain in my hand is helped with parafin wax dip - hot wax.