Back & Neck Community
C6 C7 Surgery, what would long term limitations be?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

I am looking into having c6 c7 fixed (causing pain ( neck, between and under shoulder blades, shoulder, arm, weakness, ect.)
So I ride horses, not just trail ride but JUMPING fences around 5 feet.  Is it ok for me to keep riding after?  I want to know is it safer to fall off with my neck the way it is now, or with it fixed?

Any thoughts?
Hi there!

Well, the ‘acrobatic riding’ may need to be atleast avoided for a while after the surgery until given a green signal by your doctor; and if this is something that can be continued after the surgery is something I would suggest talking to your treating doctor about, who would have a better idea about the present condition and the expected position after the surgery. Also, if a fixation has been a suggested by your doctor, the fixation is likely to be a safer position to ride.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!