Back & Neck Community
Calcium build ups

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Calcium build ups

I have had calcium build ups on my back for sometime now.  They stay pretty small for the most part but from time to time flare up and get big enough that i can roll them around.  They come up in my lower back.  There are two small spots on my back right above my tail bone that are indentions in my back, where these calcium deposits sit.  They feel like i have rocks in my lower back just sitting there.  For the most part they dont hurt but when they flare up they hurt pretty bad and sometimes on my left side they make it very painful to walk sending sharp pains down my leg and up my back.  it hurts to bend over or cary anything.... if i set down for a min or so it can sometimes relieve the pain but only for a short time.... I am in need of help on how to make these go away or at least some relief on what to do it relive this.
Hi!
If they have been diagnosed as calcium deposits then you need to find the cause. It could be due to deficiency of calcium, vitamin D, vitamin K or magnesium in diet. Usually these are treated with oral anti-inflammatory medications and corticosteroid injections at the site of deposits. If pain and inflammation persists, and the deposits are hard enough, they can be surgically removed. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.