Can I use an inversion table?
I had decompression and fusion surgery with instrumentation a little over 2 years ago. I have been left with excrutiating pain since, my question is, can I safely use an inversion table to hopefully experience relief from the pain? I have been on pain meds for 4 years and they are taking their toll and instead of having surgery again to remove the harware and redo the fusion i would like to try the inversion table but am scared it could do more damage. I would appreciate anyone's insight on this issue.
Welcome to the Back and Neck Community.  Members are here to provide assistance to individuals experiencing symptoms related to possible abnormal conditions of the spine.  Advice given is non-professional and is primarily based on personal experiences.

I am sorry to hear of your continued discomfort.  After a fusion surgery, the discs located higher and/or lower than the site of the fusion take on more stress and are at risk for further degeneration and potential herniation of those discs.  Have you had a recent MRI to determine if there has been any interval changes since your fusion?
It might be that the source of your pain is not the fusion site itself, but adjacent discs.
As you do not want additional surgery, I don't feel an inversion table is the best method of handling your current situation.  Instrumentation usually involves titanium plating and screws --- any stress placed on the hardware could loosen the fittings and cause significant more damage.  
Have you consulted your prior surgeon regarding this modality of treatment?
I am now four weeks post op anterior cervical discectomy and fusion C4-C7 and my neurosurgeon was very specific about taking care regarding the hardware.
If someone has had experience using inversion tables after fusion surgery, I hope that they will post regarding the effectiveness and potential risks.
Best wishes ----
I am 3yrs post for a 2 level ACDF.My pm is aware of my using inversion as a means of temporary decompression and my pa has actually encouraged it.The difference is that I am using inversion for my Lumbar discs.I learned about decompression from PT and  Chiro.It does help but I do repeat "temporary".I agree with Kittyluv about  not using inversion without consulting your Dr. first.