Back & Neck Community
Can anyone help my husband?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Can anyone help my husband?

My husband has suffered from back and neck pain for years.  It started majorly when our daughter was born 5 years ago.  He was lifting a heavy piece of machinery and he felt something go "toing" under his ribs.  He was unable to carry our daughter or do simple thing like dishes (this I did question!!!) without it going into spasm.  He did suffer an accident at work some years ago when he was pinned to a wall by a very heavy piece of machinery and we have often wondered if this did something to him.  In the past 5 years we have tried visiting various doctors and he has had scans etc but nothing shows up.  Over the last two years the pain has moved to his shoulder lad and neck and is now a constant ache that is causing him to become quite depressed.  He is also experiencing some numbness in his right hand.  The pain seems to ease a little if I kneed his shoulder with my elbow, making me think it might be muscle.  Has anyone experienced this before or does anyone have any recommendations, this has  gone on for so long and meant he and our babies have missed out on so much.  I would give anything to have him fixed.  Thanks for reading.