Back & Neck Community
Can back problems cause abdominal pain?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Can back problems cause abdominal pain?

For the full story it would probably be best to read my post in Gastroenterology forum, to make it short I have had abdominal pain for 2 year, every test known to man has come back normal.  Though I have always had back pain, The Thoracic spine hurts all the time due to very large breasts but I have had pin point pain, like i can point to it at a spot around T11-L1,  I looked at a chart and the nerves that come out of that area are all the intestines and colon and all that.  Could this be what is causing my pain?  I am trying to find a different avenue to take cause its un-diagnosed and the Drs dont think much of my back pain.  
Let me know if you find anything out.  I also suffer from back and abdominal pain; however mine is mostly at night when I'm trying to sleep.
I have had the same experience with abdominal pain and testing, with no answers.  I've had doctor's suggest that it could be coming from my back, and others say that it is from my muscle spasms.

Most recently, when I pointed out where the pain is to a neurologist a few months ago, she said "that is a thoracic dermatome", meaning that the pain was wrapping around the path that a nerve from my thoracic spine follows.  She did nothing for it, as she was seeing me for something else which she decided I didn't have and kicked me to the curb.

Sorry if I sound a little bitter; chronic pain can do that to me sometimes, especially when combined with lack of answers.

Good luck, and take good care of you.

Kathy