Back & Neck Community
Can someone young get hip bursitis?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Can someone young get hip bursitis?

I believe I have Trochanteric bursitis, but my mother told me that only the elderly get it. I'm 21 female. I've had this recurring pain in my hip since 2010.
7721494_tn?1421947223
Your mother is right thinking that bursitis is usually a degenerative condition of age -- it usually is. However, other factors can cause bursitis in a young person, including a serious bacterial infection, so you need to see your doctor.

Your doctor will make a physical exam and check your hip for the cardinal signs of bursitis: limited range of motion due to pain, heat and tenderness over the joint with inflammation and swelling at the joint. He / she will attempt to aspirate of fluid from the joint. This will give you some relief from pain if you do indeed have bursitis.

An x-ray may show the cause of a mechanically induced bursitis.

So, please see your doctor.

In the mean time, ice the joint and use NSAIDs for pain and to reduce inflammation as directed. Always take NSAIDs with food to protect the stomach linings. Typical NSAIDs are ibuprofen, naproxen, and aspirin. Tylenol/acetaminophen is not an NSAID.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Back & Neck Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
748543_tn?1371753642
Blank
TMJ/TMJ The Connection Between Teet...