Back & Neck Community
Cause For Dull Pain in Back, Arm & Shoulder?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

I'm a 28 year old physically active male.  I've had a dull pain in my left arm/shoulder/back now for over 6 months.  I don't recall an injury which would be the cause of the pain.  The pain is not constant, but its very consistent.  I'm wondering if it could also be related something in my neck as I constantly feel the need to change positions in order to be comfortable, although most of the time it doesn't really help.  Also, my arms tend to fall asleep a lot when I sleep, sometimes because I fall asleep on an arm, but not always.  Sometimes its so bad I cant move my arm, I have to pick it up with my other hand.  I realized after moving, I was sleeping with my left elbow hanging off my bed in my new house, and assumed this pressure on the underside of my arm had been the cause.  If it was the cause, fixing it has not helped with the pain.  I'm starting to go crazy from the pain, I feel like its giving me bad posture and I'm almost always uncomfortable sitting.

Please help, I'm currently living in Ankara Turkey, so I do not have access to a physician to examine it.  Thanks in advance!