Back & Neck Community
Cervical Disc Replacment

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Cervical Disc Replacment

Does anyone know of a good surgeon for multiple cervical disc replacement in the Sacramento ca area? My surgeon wants to do fusion but I think I would be better off with replacment.
I have an awesome surgeon in Fl and when I asked about disk replacement, he said it hasn't been approved by FDA for multiple level diskectomy. So the only choice you have is to have one level done and see if that helps, have permanent nerve damage or have the fusion. I chose 3 level fusion
Thats for the info. I am worried about nerve damage, it's been going on for allmost two years so am nerve about the chance of the damage being permanent. I am still looking at disc replacment on T7 and two level lumbar fusion. How was the outcome of your 3 level fusion?