Back & Neck Community
Chances of improvement C6&7 disk replacement/fusion

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

I have a herniation at C6&7 due to an assault. I also have several displaced disks from mid/upper back up through entire neck due to this.  It looks as if I am going to require disk replacement/fusion at C6&7, but I have heard that the chances of improvement are low and that pain can even increase after surgery.  I am also concerned about the possibility of disks above at C5&6 and C4&5, which are also displaced, being stressed by the fusion at C6&7.  Would appreciate hearing opinions on the advisability of having this surgery.
I had C5 C6 C7 fused with Cage. I had no problems with mine. Actually I came home the next day lol. The surgeon & 3 others dr's came in & said lady do you realize you had major surgery I said yes can I go home. I did not move all night lol (noone told me what the thing they clipped to my gown was for with the button :( . ) But I went home anyway. They went thru the front I had to sleep in the recliner. The only thing I hated was wearting the collar. I would do it again not a problem. They put kinda like wire's going threw the top of C5 all the way thru C7 looks weird. I had compressons & stenosis
i would like to know if i have the sug done is it going to make my pain better or is it going to make it wores