Chest, back, neck, shoulder, and jaw pains?
I have been to the ER twice within the last 6 months with chest pains, upper back pains, neck and left shoulder pains, jaw pains, etc. All these symptoms made my doctor think it was something cardiac, advising me to go to the ER. They did a CT scan, EKG, bloodwork, and on the most recent visit a heart cathidarization. All came back normal, but I continue to have these pains which seem to come once or twice a week for maybe an hour. The doctor thinks anxiety, and that maybe these pains will simply go away over time. I'm finding that hard to believe, as yesterday while sitting at home not anxious about anything I started having these pains. Starting with the center of my chest, going through to my upper back, then to my left shoulder, following with some jaw pains. Walking around doesn't seem to help, blood pressure and heart rate was 145/95 and 105bpm in the middle of all of this. BP has been high lately, was put on 10mg of lisinporil after all this started, and also recently buspar for anxiety which only seems to make me dizzy for about an hour. Anyone have any other suggestions I should run past my doctor to get checked for?
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your pain. Chest pain could be caused due to issues related to the heart, respiratory or the GI tract, chest wall, major blood vessels etc. With your description this does not typically sound like a heart related issues. You could try taking OTC antacids and see if these help to relieve the pain and consider seeing an internist initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!