Back & Neck Community
Chronic Back Spasms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Chronic Back Spasms

I have been having a chronic muscle spasms in my back near my left shoulder blade for 10 months now. There was no prior injury and all tests for muscle spasms came back negative. It is really annoying and it never stops. I've tried muscle relaxers, but even with the medication my back is cramped, twitching, and in constant spasm. My entire back gets affected by the spasms also. Can anyone give me an idea of what might be causing my problem?
Does it feel like there is a knot there? have you tried a tens unit?  fluid build up is what I think but I will ask my husband he's a personal trainer, and a massageist. you'll have to excuse the spelling I'm tired. I know when mine does that he has to sperate my blades. but he also goes through and finds these knot things and presses on them to reless and those hurt more then anything in the world expecially when they are sitting on a nerve. but they are easy to find and easy to release you have some one rub your back and when they find them you hold your breath and they use two sometimes three fingers and press for 15 seconds and they keep doing that until it goes away. you will feel it when happens.