Back & Neck Community
Chronic back pain, help?!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Chronic back pain, help?!

I am 18 years old and have had chronic lower back pain for about two years now. I play very competitive soccer at a high level and have been playing through the pain for a while now. it started of as just lower back pain two years ago then about a year and a half ago I was having such bad pain i couldn't sit in class so i was taken to a doctor who said i had a bulged disc he also accidentally found a five in benign tumor in mid to low area of my back, they also found two benign tumors in my head, they surgically removed the tumor and some bone which it was attached to thinking it was the cause to all my pain and pressure on my lower back. 2 months later i was back in soccer but my body movement still to this day doesn't feel right i am in way more pain now then i was before surgery some days are worse than others.

Current Pain: L5 pain, L3 pain, L4 pain,(<worse pain) two bones one above the incision and one right below pop bulge out of my back all of the sudden and are pretty painful (never there pre surgery.) i have pain on the sides of my butt (tend to hit myself)  my doctor said i don't have sciatica but my acupuncturist says i do because all the muscles he presses on that hurt me are the sciatic points my legs get weak and numb my pelvis hurts on a daily basis it aches sometimes shoots sharp pain randomly leading to hip pain and tingling down my leg, i have been told the two muscles surrounding my spine can stop bullets by multiple of medical people. my lower back is very stiff and i tend to guard it by not moving it at all but i think it is causing pressure on my upper back because i feel like throughout the years the pain is crawling both upwards and downwards its getting worse i don't know what to do it taking a toll on my emotional state, as well as my physical state. please help, any advice on what is causing or what you think is happening will help, I've been to doctor after doctor they just day i have a couple bulge disc but i don't thnk that is just the problem with all the pain i am in.