Coccygectomy surgery
I have been told by a Orthopedic Dr. that I need surgery to have my tail bone removed.  I had a fall off a horse last year Dec. and have been in pain since.  I am wondering if there are other alternatives and if there are what they might be.

I was told nothing about possible risks, but that I will not be able to sit for 4-6 weeks.  How in the world do you go to the bathroom if you can not sit?

Could you enlightened me on what I can expect from surgery and what kind of possible risk that is involved.

thank you,

It sounds like what you're describing is soft tissue injuries around tail bone, which can become worse over time. Given the severity of your pain and the functional limitations it's now placing on you, it probably is time to consult with a medical acupuncturist,as deep and intensive acupuncture could be help.Good luck!