Back & Neck Community
Coconut oil?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Coconut oil?

Has anyone ever heard of using coconut oil for back pain?  I read this on a natural cures site that you take coconut oil and rub it on your back where it hurts.  They are saying it is a miracle cure.  You are also supposed to use the coconut oil for cooking and eating, and it is supposed to help you lose weight (which also helps the back).
There are many reports of homeopathic treatments which can provide relief of acute pain.
I am not familiar with coconut oil, but it sounds like it has a variety of uses!
If it is not expensive, it might be worth testing the effectiveness.  Capsaicin and other topical ointments have provided good symptom relief so coconut oil may have some ingredients that may have similar results.  (And if it can do all those other things, it might be the magic bullet we all could benefit from!)